(1) researched and found existing examples of “Smell – Life – Technology”. They did not have to be something digital, but had to be something surprising, innovative, and interesting.
(2) made short presentations using their own blog site: max. 5 min per person.
(3) made graphical notes on blank papers.
The notes made by me (Maki Ueda):
The notes made by students:
Smell, Life and Technology
Willem de Kooning Art Academy / Crosslab / Lifestyle and Design
- Introduction about my self – slide-show of my work
- Discussion – ‘what does smell mean to your life?’
- Brief introduction to smell and technology
- Assignment : Research and find an interesting, existing example of “Smell – Life – Technology”. It does not necessarily use the digital technology, but it should be something surprising, innovative, and interesting. You can use the internet as resources.
Explain briefly on your blog-site what it is about, and also why you got interested in it. Make a presentation the next week with using your blog.
Presentation time: 3 to 5 min per person
Language: English (good chance to exercise this for you and me!)